December 9, 2005

What's in a Name??!!

This is my first attempt at writing, and mainly 'cos of that I m gonna keep this short! :)
Well, when i was creating this blog, I was thinking of what to write for my first post! And all the while tyring out URLs. Every url I could think of was taken. Tried my name even, didnt work!!!
That started my train of thoughts, the reason behind my name. I think almost every parent would have had a reason for the names they choose to give their sons/daughters, just like my dad had!

My dad is a big fan of the genius film-maker
Satyajit Ray. So he named me Apu, the protagonist in Ray's movie Apur Sansar(The World of Apu), the final movie of the Apu Trilogy. My sister's name too, is from the same movie. Though I have never actually seen the movie or any of Ray's movie for that matter, I have heard and read a lot 'bout him; I would love to watch his movies some time!

When I was born, I was baptised Sebastian, after
Saint Sebastian, whose corrupted form Battan forms my surname and my dad's as well! :) Sebastian was also my paternal granddad's name; it is a mallu christian custom to baptise the son/daughter after the paternal/maternal ganddad/grandmom or the godfather/godmother!

Been sitting in the office till almost 8 now! And it's Friday evening for crying out loud!
Seeya all...

12 comments:

N said...

oye!! machilu! sollave illa -- un peyarin varalaarai patri? :P
welcome to the blog world! boredom brought u here or what? :))
cheers!!!

AJB said...

:) well, i have been wanting create one for so long!
anywez, i didnt wat else to write!

N said...

u dint what else to write?? rotfl!! ;) btw the snap is pee.. shall mail u the link of a decent snap of urs soon! ;) wait up!

N said...

and i am N i V y -- "Y" i insist!

N said...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/181/1191/320/apuloks1.jpg

use this link.. and delete my comment later !
have mailed u the pic and the link!
goodnight

AJB said...

hey!!!!! wasswrong with the snap??? :X
well, Nivy....u tell me wasswrong with this snap...and then i'll consider changing it...hmmm..i thought i looked realluy cute in this snap?

N said...

self proclamation machcchaan! mudila! blade!!! same blood!! aaaaargh!! nee aachu un cute face achu! en kanney pattudum pola iruku!! :))

:P btw the frowny smiley is this x( not :x -- i cant take it if ppl make mistakes with using smiley combinaations!!!

AJB said...

well, i DO look cute...not just in that snap, but in every other snap of mine, and not just in snaps, in person even!
and i thought :X was to make an angry face!!!!!! well, :X is to make an agry face in orkut...!:)

AJB said...

my next post coming up soooooooon!
as soooooooooon as i decide what to write on! :)

N said...

haha! very funny!!

AJB said...

adey jagadeesa....illa machchi! idhu seriuosa unmai...konjam nallaikku munnadi dhan realise pannen da....
aparna oda peru kooda enga appa appadi dhan vecharu...
and that is why my name is spelt with a single P, and not with a double P!!!

AJB said...

ammam, nee eppo arambikka pora?! on peroda varalarai naan solta?
jagadesswaran pera paththi illai, ungamma unakku chellam vechcha pera pahthi??!:P